You’ve heard it from your parents, the driving instructor and probably the neighbor too, but you must have a safety bag with all the essentials you need at all times.
Not only do these essentials keep your car in order, they can also keep you sane during heavy traffic and probably save your life too, and we’re not exaggerating.
Here, we present a list of all the basic essentials you need and another list of some items you didn’t know you needed… until now, that is!
Basic Car Essentials You Must Have
- The owner’s manual
- Jumper cables
- Spare tire
- Tire iron
- Lug wrench
- Tire jack
- Spray lubricant
- Duct tape
- Windshield wiper fluid (very important)
- Paper towels
- Pair of work gloves
- A well-stocked first aid kit
- Charged flashlight
- Printed map (do not depend solely on your cell phone for directions)
Useful Car Essentials You Didn’t Know You Need
- A pet’s seatbelt (especially important)
- A four-port mobile charger
- Sunglasses to protect you from sun blindness
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand wipes (in case you eat something during stop lights)
- Snacks (biscuits, granola, trail mix)
- A case of water bottles (keep it in your trunk)
- A trash bag (keep all your trash in one place, not littered on the back seat or by your feet)
- A safety hammer (within reach)
- Insulated lunch bag
- A winter coat Traction helpers
- Bug spray
- A pocket knife in the glove compartment
While the list is long, the truth is that most of these items are fairly small and don’t take up as much space. All you need to do is organize them accordingly, keep all items of immediate use within reach of the driver’s seat and replace any item that has been fairly used, like the batteries in your flashlight.
A Word from the Instructors at Jacob’s Driving School
You’re travelling in a box of metal at high speeds. You are not only responsibility for your own safety, but also those you’re sharing the road with. Packing all the essentials mentioned above is just one part of the being responsible and proactive when on the road.
You can take your skills one step further and learn defensive driving as well.
This allows you to become a better driver by teaching you in-depth details about the skill. Cost-effective and useful, learning defensive driving is the best thing you can do to ensure your safety on the road.
As a leading driving school in Phoenix, AZ; we offer our expertise to help you become better. Call us at (602) 297-1000.